Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Painting rocks

Today was beautiful outside and do I decided we were going to do something outdoors. I also had the itch to paint and Sunshine had been asking to paint today. I knew just what I wanted to do... My friend has these rocks that are painted with the fruit of the spirit - Love, joy, peace... etc. She said she bought them but I knew I could copy them so miss Sunshine and I went to the driveway and picked out some rocks. I washed them and then she picked out the colors and we each painted one rock that color. Then I painted my words in white and when that was dry I wrote in each white letter with a fine point sharpie in a different color. I used Philippians 4:8 on mine - what we should be thinking on. I'm going to put them in my house, probably just scattered around as reminders. I painted one letter on each of Sunshine's rocks and spelled out her name. I love how they look and we had a great time being outside and painting together - win/win/win!!!
P.S. sorry about the poor photos. One is with flash and one without but neither is great.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea! Both to paint them and to put them as reminders around the house. I'm loving your blog Angela :)

    ReplyDelete