Friday, January 18, 2013

Quiet book

It's been AGES since I blogged but I am going to try to start up again. :) In November we drove from my house to my parent's which is a 16 hour trip. With a 3 yr old and an 18mo old. It went amazingly well, thanks to my awesome man who drives overnight so the kids will sleep most of the way. I wanted to be prepared in case they didn't sleep, so I made a few things to keep miss Sunshine occupied. Sugar has about a 15 second attention span so I knew if she didn't sleep, no amount of entertainment would be enough. But I packed reusable shopping bags for each kid with things that might help. One of the things I made was a felt quiet book. It is simple enough to do and fun to design but it takes some time. I cut and sewed at night while I watched a movie and it took me several nights, but I made lots of pages in mine. Feel free to copy anything I did. I cut several colors to the same size and then sewed or colored the background. For example, the snowman and butterfly bodies are sewn on the page, and the waves I just drew on with a sharpie. Then I cut out each piece and we keep them in a clear bag with a zipper. I punched holes in the pages and attached office rings to hold them together.
Happy cutting!
P.S. Our favorite is definitely the faces page. :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment