Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy 4 years!!

I love my man!! He took today off and we went up in the mountains yesterday and camped overnight. We drove up (and down and up again) and found the *only* place to camp that was open this early in the year and set up. I'm still not sure if it was private land or what, because everything in the national forest was gated off. Shhhh, don't tell!! :) I will admit, I was a little nervous for some reason about animals, maybe because we've always camped with a group before. But we didn't see a thing and we had a wonderful time talking all the way up (did I mention we went up the same road twice?). No animals, just fire and wind and hot dogs and beautiful views and snow and lots (and lots more) layers. I slept in two pairs of socks, shorts, jeans, tank top, long sleeve shirt, t-shirt, my hoodie, and Dave's hoodie over that. Plus a flannel blanket and sleeping bags that zip together so we can cuddle. (Best Christmas gift ever!) :) It must have worked - I didn't get cold at all! We only took basic stuff to eat - hot dogs and granola bars - because we wanted to spend time with each other and with God. We mostly sat around the fire and read our Bibles together, prayed and talked about what we were reading. Pretty awesome. We have an awesome God and we wanted to spend time getting to know Him and letting His goodness sink in. Best anniversary trip yet - out of three. :)
On a lighter note, there was this cool rock building with no roof and we made good use of it. :) My husband is brilliant - and sweet. No trees for me! Love you, Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment