Friday, February 24, 2012

Love is patient and kind... At the same time

Do you know one certain person that just annoys the fire out of you? I think everyone does. I do. And no, it's not you, I promise. :) What is it that makes it so difficult for me to respond with kindness? It annoys the fire out of me even more that I can't handle it like an adult when I'm around them. I'm learning why, tho. The truth is... *gulp* I have such a hard time being gracious with certain people because what bugs me the most about them are the things I struggle with. Bossy, inconsiderate, know-it-all... Those are tendencies of mine that I can't handle in other people. (Don't bother arguing. This is the truth whether you agree or not. Just ask my sister.) I think the Lord puts these people in my life for two reasons - to show me what it's like to be around me so that I can work on those areas, and more importantly, to remind me of the grace He gives minute by minute and expects me to turn around and pass on to other children of His. I'm not one inkling of a jot better or more deserving than anyone else and He wants me to know that. Not just with my head but to feel it in my core and prove with my attitude and response. I do not deserve grace, but He gives it anyway. Therefore I should not hesitate to be gracious around those my flesh deems undeserving. It's a hard lesson to learn and even harder to execute consistently but I'm learning. Maybe I will look up some verses on God's grace and memorize them. It will take my whole life I'm sure and I won't be perfect but I desire to reflect the love of God instead of sending my own message of what needs to change in others lives. "they will know us by our love..." Strive with me to love more today.

No comments:

Post a Comment