Saturday, February 25, 2012

My new hobby

So the blanket I made for Sugar was the first sewing project I've done in a super long time, and the only one I've ever threaded the machine and bobbin, cut and pinned the material and sewed on my own. My mother in law helped with one seam (the visible one because I am still working on straight lines, lol) but I did the rest. So since I am super excited about learning she gave me her spare sewing machine!!! Check out this baby!! I'm so excited I can't stand it! It looks so cool! It's a gorgeous color and has so much character! The only problem is I have no material. No thread. No seam ripper. Zilch. So I went thru my closet and found a couple shirts I never wear and cut them up and used the thread that was on the machine when I got it (two different colors, btw) and made the one thing I could - fabric flowers. They're easy and I had everything I needed, and then when I went to my in laws house today I raided her material and made pink ones to go with the blue I had. LOVE them and I can't wait to put them on something. Not sure what yet... They're a little big for headbands for my girls, so maybe a pin for my coat or something! And I think i might try making ruffles for a lampshade someday if I can come up with some fabric I like. Happy sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment