Sunday, February 26, 2012

Purple chalkboard

I saw on pinterest that you can make your own chalkboard paint with latex or acrylic paint and non-sanded grout. I pinned it for someday and when someone gave me an old whiteboard that wouldn't erase, I decided to try it. Check out this ugly thing - the green is where Sunshine and I wrote before we realized it wouldn't come off. I mixed 1 cup paint with 1 tbsp grout, which is very cheap. Good thing too cuz i wouldn't have bought a 5lb box just to use one tbsp if it had cost more. If anyone wants to do this project I have an extra 4.98 lbs and I will give you a couple scoops of it, lol! Anyway, I picked what color I wanted and mixed the grout into the paint. I'm not sure why but the grout is clumpy and I didn't stir well I guess cuz there were some chunks in the paint. And I used a brush because the roller I had was no good, but the brush left little lines. I'm ok with it but it might be better to get a nice roller in a small size for a smoother surface. I painted the frame too and voila!! My own chalkboard !! I'm excited to let Sunshine play with this and maybe use it for school someday too!! Here's the before, during an after pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment