Tuesday, February 28, 2012

One of those days... But not over yet!!

Seems like just about everything has gone wrong so far today. Didn't sleep well, disappointed hopes, toddler tantrums in the parking lot, little irritating things (yogurt cup leaking in the grocery bag, wore sandals only to discover giant snowflakes as we left the first store, carseat getting stuck while I'm trying to get it out, didn't find what i was looking for at the store, bought citronella instead if citrus scent, new recipe major fail, one kid goes to sleep, the other wakes up 2 min later, etc.) all day. I'm not complaining, just stating facts on how it's gone so far. The cool thing is, a friend is coming over today and she's one of those great friends that will take you however you come. Messy house, failed supper recipe, grumpy kids and all. It's so hard for me not to freak out and feel like I need to have everything (appear) perfect. I like my house clean, my kids cheery and my food... edible if not delicious. But it doesn't always happen and I used to cancel when I couldn't make it work that way. Sandy is my friend and she is ok with the real deal, pretty or not, and I am so glad she is coming because she is so fun that I know we'll have a great time despite the laundry baskets full of clean laundry sitting in the middle of the floor and the dishes that didn't fit in the dishwasher before I ran it. PTL for true friends!! ;) Now I'm off to scrounge up something edible for dinner tonight!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment